Saturday, September 21, 2013

Road Trip!



This weekend was my first time making the trip to an away football game. I made the trip with a new group of friends, Becca, Cassie, and Precious, to watch our team play nationally ranked Heidelberg.
It was an hour long trip of changing CDs, eating doughnuts, and hoping the guys did well.

When we finally got to the game, the struggle began to find seats and find some that was easy to get to since Cassie was on crutches. That took us awhile since this was a big game for us. But, we finally found seats right behind the ONU bench.

We spent the game yelling for our boyfriends and friends as they made big plays. But, it didn't seem to help because the guys were struggling to keep up with Heidelberg. We were on the board first, but nothing other than that was going in our favor. We had a few guys that had to come out because of injuries and we even had one guy taken to the hospital.

The girls and I ended up heading toward the exit with two minutes left to go because the score was not in our favor. We were down 55-27 and most of our friends were out and seemed as though they'd given up. But, before we got back on the road we waited to say hi to our friends before they headed to the locker room. Becca's boyfriend, Matt, was his usual goofy and fun-loving self as he kissed her and thanked her for coming before hugged the rest of us to thank us for coming and apologized for the loss. Then, my boyfriend, Will, came off the field and he was more quiet than usual brushed off my hug before heading back to the locker room.

With our hugs and hi's out the way the girls, myself, and Ryan Reid (senior Defensive Back) began our trip back to Ada. Becca and I joked about just locking the boys in one of our rooms, so they could cheer up while us and the rest of the girls went out. That was about all of the talking we did until we got back in town, when we were making decisions on what to do. The girls dropped me and Ryan off at our rooms before heading to Padrone's for dinner. My first road trip was definitely a roller coaster of emotions, but I'm glad I went. I had the chance to hang out with new people and even though the game did not end well for ONU, I can say I have been to an ONU away game. 

2 comments:

  1. I made the trip to Tiffin with two of my friends, too! The beginning of the game was great, I really had high hopes. But then Heidelberg made some BIG plays and we just couldn't keep up. Their quarterback (who I'm really good friends with) was spot on and all of our injuries didn't help at all. I talked to a handful of players last night and they seem to be taking the loss as a learning experience and are now focusing on Capital. Maybe next week you can say you've gone to TWO away games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I saw you at the game, but it was in a quick passing. Our guys did a good job at trying to make a come back toward the end. I am glad that they could look at it as a learning experience at the end of the day. My boyfriend is just really tough on himself when it comes to football. But, since I have a car and know people that will go, I'll keep making the trips.

      Delete