Friday, October 25, 2013

Whoa I'm turning 21... In Ada?

It's my birthday! Now, I've spent every year for the last 3 years in Ada, but this one is a little more of a milestone than the last two. I'm celebrating my 21st!

So far it's been a little slow with classes and completing homework before the weekend gets started. And the one question I keep getting asked is, "What do you have planned when your done with classes and things?", and the most excitement I have been able to tell people is hanging out with my family and boyfriend. Now, yes I'm extremely grateful that my family made the little over 3 hour drive to spend a cold weekend in "The Village", but at 21 most people are doing something more exciting to ring in this monumental day. 

Enough of being a "Debbie Downer" because my birthday fell on a Friday and I only had two of my three classes today! On top of that one of my groups of friends is planning on doing something with me before we all go out and party tomorrow night. So I hope the football team can get another win to help get some of the campus in a good mood to help the party atmosphere.


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had great plans for your birthday! It always helps when a class gets cancelled and your birthday is on a Friday. I wish my 21st was that fun and I didn't have something to do that night. I hope you had fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My 21st was on a Monday so be happy yours was on a Friday! I'm happy one of your classes got canceled, that's always a great feeling. I hope your birthday was amazing and one that you will remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the football team let you down.. but I hope you're still alive and will be recovered by class time on Tuesday! My 21st was right after school was out but I still had a blast. Enjoy the birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Kaila! I hope it turned out to be fantastic! I celebrated my birthday in Ada as well, but mine was in August before anyone got to campus, so it was a much smaller get together and not to mention the Beagle was closed! I'm sure you ended up having a lovely time with your parents and your boyfriend, even if it was in Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I can't wait until my 21st, it's going to be the longest 16 days of my life but when those days are up the streets of Ada will no longer be safe, to say the least. I've been dreaming of the day for years now and it's so close but so far.Hope you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the birthday wishes friends. Ellyn I hope you enjoyed your birthday! And only having 2 of 3 classes gave me a chance to relax and it felt great.

    Courtney S., I had a great time with my family because it's been awhile since I've seen them.

    Jeffery, I might need the recovery period this weekend to make up for the lack of recovery needed for my birthday. :)

    Courtney P., I still haven't been to the Beagle yet! So if you still haven't gone we can make it a "field trip".

    Darnell, seems like you'll be the person to party with when you turn 21!

    ReplyDelete