Friday, October 4, 2013

Miley:The Movement

Lately we've been hearing and seeing a lot of Miley Cyrus. This week she had a documentary on MTV titled Miley: The Movement. The documentary takes a look at her point of view on her current lifestyle.

Viewers are given an inside view on things they may or may not have known about Miley. We learned things like she is a huge Brittany Spears' fan. Brittany was and is someone she looked up to in the music industry. She finally got to work with Brittany on her up coming album.We also learned that Miley's preferred social network is Twitter. In one segment of the show, Miley spends a day at Twitter and she spends some of her time promoting her single, We Can't Stop, to get it to number one on iTunes. She also spent some time talking to different departments of the company

As far as the change we've seen it Miley it all began with her living in Philadelphia by herself and taking a train riding to New York for her stylist to cut and dye her hair. She said it was time for her to be the "bad bitch" that she is and right after that comment Pharrell Williams said she's a 20 year old trying to evolve into herself and this was just the beginning. Miley felt like the person she has become is the person she was meant to be all along. We also were given some insight into the VMA's. Cyrus says we all may have thought it was a hot mess, but it was all apart of a plan. It was about what would separate her from all the other performers. She feels like all the negative attention from her performance is funny and in the past because she has already moved on to what is next for her. She sees these changes as just the beginning.

"This (her new album) will redefine everything you think about Miley Cyrus." ---> Will. I. AM

6 comments:

  1. I have heard mixed reviews about Miley's new documentary. I haven't actually watched it myself and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I will! Anyways, I'm not surprised her favorite social media site is Twitter. She is constantly interacting on the site!

    I understand she is becoming the person she wants to be, good for her! But, I wish she was not taking photos and making videos that are so provocative and not classy. To each their own, though! I'm interested to see where she goes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she made the right decision by confronting the major issues people are having with her new, lets call it, style. As viewers, we might not always see the intent behind the crazy life of celebrities, but she seems to know what she's doing. She is trending everywhere and we can't stop talking about her. Seems to me like her plan worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like Miley has the freedom to become..whatever it is shes trying to become, but she has to realize that she is a role model. She is someone that little girls look up to, and for her to be acting the way she is isn't anything but trashy. To me, it's a cry for help and not her trying to find herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I'm going to re-watch the extended version on Sunday to see if I can give a concrete opinion. During the Twitter portion, I went to her page and was blown away by the amount of times she tweets and just how much people respond to her. So she is definitely keeping fans and non-fans into what she's going to do next.

    Ellyn, I agree with the fact she needs to realize she is a role model and she touches a little on that subject in the documentary but her comment seemed to be a little indirect to me. Like I was telling Candace, I want to see the extended version to see if she goes into anymore detail.

    Amy, I thought it was a good idea for her to confront the issues too and give us an insight into the change in her "style" and she has kept us watching just to see where she ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one fully support Miley and everything she does. There's a reason Brittany Spears is her idol. Spears had a "breakdown" too and everyone called her crazy and out of control, and now she's back on top.Miley's doing everything right cause she's still the topic of everyones conversation.

    And I didn't know she lived in Philly for a little bit. Becoming a "bad bitch" is a Philly thing for sure so it doesn't surprise me that's when she starting becoming more mature.

    Also, if you think about it, her fans that watched her grow up are roughly around her age, which is 21 if I'm not mistaken, or just of age so theyre doing the same things she's doing on stage. So it's not like she's a bad influence, she just happens to be in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I used role model in my previous comment, but I feel like that is a title that gets thrown around with celebrities. However, I feel like since celebrities are in the spotlight they need to be careful with how they act and what they say because they never know who is watching.
      Also, I think the term "Bad Bitch" is a title that needs to be taken away from society. The definition that I have come in contact with, that a girl is taking care of what she needs to take care of, does not make the people who use it seem very intelligent, but I guess that is something our culture is starting to accept.

      Delete