Saturday, October 5, 2013

ONU vs. Mount Union

The fat lady has sung ladies and gentlemen. The Polar Bears are 0-3 against Mount Union since I've been here.

For this game the stakes were high just like in the past partly because we have been their one of their very few loses. But, today there seemed like there might have been more to it. A friend of mine said someone who transferred from ONU to Mount was out for blood this game because of something said to him by a coach before he left. His statement truly showed on the hit he gave to Matt Craven late in the game. The hit was so hard that it knocked not only Craven's helmet off, but also moved his mouth piece from his mouth. Devon Price, sophomore wide receiver, that played with the defensive player was ready to fight as a reaction to the hit. Now, I'm not a fan for fighting, but I'm glad to see that our team has their teammates backs.

That's a huge difference I've seen with this year's team. Through the ups and downs of the season, I've seen retweets of excitement for games each week or tweets of encouragement when someone is down on themselves about their performance. I also see them egging on each other to do their best every game. Yesterday, was the best example as I was giving my boyfriend and a few others a ride after practice. They were all teasing my boyfriend about if he got over 100 yards that even if they lost his performance would keep the team's spirits up because that is not the easiest thing for teams to do on Mount.  The unity of this team is the biggest win I've seen from this team in the season so far.

See you guys at the next game! ---> Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment