Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Northern and Social Media

This weekend I learned just how helpful Northern, as a whole and individual students,  could be with their use of social media/real-time communication while making my Storify.

During our (Aggie's Social Media Principles Class) live tweet assignment I found it hard to stay focused on tweeting during the game because I LOVE football. Something that was extremely helpful was Ohio Norther Sports Twitter page (@ONUsports) because if I missed a play I could easily quote the tweet before I retweeted and it  allowed me to double check that I was tweeting the right player.

Another page that Northern used that was helpful is the Ohio Northern Sports on Facebook. It help provide pictures for my Storify captions. 

Not only did it meet my needs in that way but ONU's (general) Facebook, even allowed me to catch up on events that I missed out on during the weekend. I was able to look at pictures and comments from events like the Sig Ep Balloon Glow that helped a local Boys and Girls Club and the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. 


Homecoming 2013: ONU v. Marietta (Storify Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment