Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sticking to My New Year's Resolution

It's crazy to think that March is already winding down, but something less so is that most people have fallen out of their commitments to their resolutions. However, I think I got that backwards because at the beginning of the year I was really lazy in my resolution of working out more consistently, but these last two months my boyfriend has helped me that a lot. He's been working out with me and giving me workouts to do while he's busy working doing other stuff. I must say though I am liking my results so far.

We even came up with a "rewards program" as motivation this past week. Most of you know Girl Scouts are selling and dropping off cookies around this time and I am a huge tagalongs fan! That's how the rewards program happened and for every workout I complete without being lazy or complaining I get a cookie. Now, it may sound childish but it's one way to help me get my butt up and go to the gym. Otherwise,  I would be the girl sitting in her dorm room, eating the whole box of cookies as I watch all the bride shows on TLC.

My other motivation is that I have a big internship this summer and since my goal after graduation is to potentially work for this school and work in sports it would be nice to look the part. In my mind, a person working in the world of sport needs to be fit and looking their best. That's the ultimate goal at the end of the day.

It's also a good break from the stress of classes and other obligations because this semester has been really busy. Working out gives me a chance to clear my head and gives me a real reason to take a nap during the day. But, the stress of school stuff and working out has made the verse i want for my 1st tattoo seem more and more true everyday!

Verse: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me ---- Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment